SBA's Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Applications Open 4/8/2021
As part of the American Rescue Plan Act, the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant was created. Eligible applicants may qualify for grants equal to 45% of their gross earned revenue, with the maximum amount available to a single grant award of $10 million. $2 billion are reserved for eligible applications with up to 50 full time employees. Eligible entities may be:
- Live venue operators or promoters
- Theatrical producers
- Live performing arts organization operators
- Museum operators
- Motion picture theater operators
- Talent representatives
In order to be eligible for the grant, a venue must have a defined performance and audience space and its primary business activity must one of the above entities. Here are the Eligibility Requirements and FAQs distributed by the SBA to help you determine if you meet eligibility.
NOTE: Being a previous CARES Act funding recipient does NOT disqualify you from receiving these funds.
Prior to applying for an SVOG an applicant must have:
- A number which takes about 72 hours to generate (instructional video below)
- An account with
- registration which also takes several days to process. Here is an instructional PDF (video to come)
- Gather required documents – Application Checklist